Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Logic Help - Redpower2

Best Answer trekwiz , 16 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

....nevermind, it was easier than I thought. I just used an invert cell connected to the switch, then split the wire as it reached the pistons--redwire straight into the back, plus a separate branch with repeater going into the side of the pistons. With 4 or 5 ticks on the repeater, the wire stays powered ,ong enough for  a suitable delay.

Go to the full post »

1 reply to this topic

trekwiz

trekwiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:trekwiz
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I've spent a few hours trying to figure out how to achieve a specific goal with redpower, and I'm stumped--as is my go-to redstone god. Are there any redpower gurus here?

Scenario: I'm building a starship and I'm trying to come up with an airlock design as follows: there are two piston doors, both controlled by a single level in the middle. I specifically don't want to do this the easy way, with independent pressure plates. The initial state is to have the outer door closed, and the inner door open. The desired function is that the player enters the airlock and flips the switch--the inner door closes, then a pause, then the outer door opens. The player then returns through the same airlock and flips the same switch again--causing the outer door to close, then a pause, then the inner door opens. For thematic purposes, that would be to prevent decompression.

I've tried everything I can think of to make that work, but whenever I introduce a delay, it's specific to one side, so I get the action: close, delay, open, followed by open, delay, closed. I want to make it so that regardless of which door is open, the open door will always close first, then pause before opening the door that was closed.

In more general terms: I'm looking for a setup that will allow me to power one set of pistons and unpower the other set; the power action should come first, the unpower action should be delayed. So every switch pull will cause a cycle of power, delay, unpower at the pistons.

Any ideas? I'm using FTB Ultimate.

trekwiz

trekwiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:trekwiz
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

....nevermind, it was easier than I thought. I just used an invert cell connected to the switch, then split the wire as it reached the pistons--redwire straight into the back, plus a separate branch with repeater going into the side of the pistons. With 4 or 5 ticks on the repeater, the wire stays powered ,ong enough for  a suitable delay.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users