Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't disable Opis in Horizon...

opis horizon

9 replies to this topic

monodemono

monodemono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:monodemono
  • Modpack:New World Mod Pack

So I downloaded Horizon, disabled Opis, and added Zan's Minimap (I prefer it, that's beside the point though), and it was working fine. I started experimenting by adding other mods but took it too far and it became unstable, so I deleted the folder, and downloaded it fresh again. Now for some reason, every time I disable Opis, it just generates a second Opis that is enabled.

So to clarify that last part, looking in the mod folder, I disable Opis and it changes the file from "Opis-1.6.4-1.0.6.alpha.zip" to "Opis-1.6.4-1.0.6.alpha.zip.disabled", then when I launch Horizon, it creates a second Opis. So then I have BOTH "Opis-1.6.4-1.0.6.alpha.zip" AND "Opis-1.6.4-1.0.6.alpha.zip.disabled"

Even if I just delete Opis from the mod folder entirely, it just recreates it. It won't stay gone.

I don't know why this worked the first time and won't work since.

One thing I'm gonna try is just renaming the Zan's Minimap file to "Opis-1.6.4-1.0.6.alpha.zip" to try to fool the client.

Edit: This didn't work either. It just overwrote the Opis file to be Opis despite it having the right name.

But seriously, what the fuck is going on?

Thanks,

mono

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Do you have the "force update" button clicked in the FTB launcher's Options tab? That'll cause all files to be redownloaded when you start the game.

monodemono

monodemono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Do you have the "force update" button clicked in the FTB launcher's Options tab? That'll cause all files to be redownloaded when you start the game.

I do not, however I did have extra debugging, and reopen launcher ticked, and just now tried unticking them on a whim, and that made it stop generating Opis. I re-ticked the reopen launcher one to see if it's just extra debugging. I'll report back in a minute.

Edit: Yeah, it seems to have been the "Extra Launcher Debugging" option that was causing this. Call me crazy, but I don't think that's what it's supposed to do...

Would you like me to check one of my logs so as to trouble shoot the matter?

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Extra Launcher Debugging should just cause more info to be printed to the console. AFAIK it tells you exactly when which mods/maps/texpacks are loaded into the launcher, and from what XML file. Nothing interesting for the average player, although it should definetely not cause any mod redownloads.

monodemono

monodemono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Extra Launcher Debugging should just cause more info to be printed to the console. AFAIK it tells you exactly when which mods/maps/texpacks are loaded into the launcher, and from what XML file. Nothing interesting for the average player, although it should definetely not cause any mod redownloads.

That's what I thought, but for some reason it was the cause of the issue. Can't imagine why.

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Is Horizon a private pack?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Is Horizon a private pack?

No, it's the first of the public 1.6 packs, meant more to show off new mods than to offer a balanced experience.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

No, it's the first of the public 1.6 packs, meant more to show off new mods than to offer a balanced experience.

In fact, it's the first pack on the list of modpacks in the Launcher. :P

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

In fact, it's the first pack on the list of modpacks in the Launcher. :P

I haven't played FTB in a while.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I haven't played FTB in a while.

Well, then open it before asking trivial questions.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: opis, horizon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users