Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is the difference in World Type generation?

ftb monster world type generation biomes highlands default

4 replies to this topic

Dudekid

Dudekid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:DudekidHD
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

What starting a world, I can change the world type generator to "default, Biomes o Plenty, Highlands, and other things. What are the differences?

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Well there is a lot of differences. Default is regular minecraft, though there might be some changes mods like Natura and buildcraft make. Highlands is default but with exaggerate Y values, so you get much higher mountains and hills. Biomes of Plenty is a special biomes mod and using that option will allow the new biomes to be used.

• Dudekid likes this
"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Many of the options are from vanilla, and you can read about them here. As Celestial Oblivion said, the Biomes O' Plenty world type will enable a ton of new biomes added by that mod. You may also see World Type: ATG - this type uses the mod Alternate Terrain Generation to generate biomes in the world. World Type: Highlands uses the Highlands mod to generate terrain, including new biomes and different ore spawn mechanics (I think Celestial Oblivion was thinking of the vanilla Amplified world type when talking about exaggerated Y-values).

• ZL123, Celestial Oblivion and Dudekid like this

Dudekid

Dudekid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:DudekidHD
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Thank you to both of you. I have created my FTB Monster Server using the "Highlands" Terrain method. I spawned in a villiage at sea level surrounded by HUGE redwood trees and giant mountains on all sides. I am very happy with it. +1 Diamonds to each of you.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Many of the options are from vanilla, and you can read about them here. As Celestial Oblivion said, the Biomes O' Plenty world type will enable a ton of new biomes added by that mod. You may also see World Type: ATG - this type uses the mod Alternate Terrain Generation to generate biomes in the world. World Type: Highlands uses the Highlands mod to generate terrain, including new biomes and different ore spawn mechanics (I think Celestial Oblivion was thinking of the vanilla Amplified world type when talking about exaggerated Y-values).

Opps, yeah I've never actually tried the amplified world type, and I guess my current modpack doesn't have the highlands mod.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ftb, monster, world, type, generation, biomes, highlands, default

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users