Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumonomicon cleaning?

Thaumonomicon Thaumcraft direwolf20

Best Answer Jim , 18 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

So ok, i found a solution with the help from peeps at minecraftforums thaumcraft 3 thread.

The research data is in in player.dat file AND in wolrd.dat file.

Those can be edited with NBTExplorer. The files are:

%APPDATA%\.minecraft\saves\(world name)\Players\playername.dat --> ForgeData\PlayerPersisted
%APPDATA%\.minecraft\saves\(world name)\level.dat --> Data\Player\ForgeData\PlayerPersisted

If you are copying your research to another world, copy the whole "PlayerPersisted" folder with NTBExplorer from any of those two .dat files.

If you are deleting your research make sure you delete "PlayerPersisted" folders from both of the .dat files (player.dat and level.dat), because if you delete of only from player.dat file, it's gonna copy itself back from level.dat file on next startup.

Cheers!

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Jim

Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Hi!

I downloaded direwolf20 map to check something out, and also looked in his thaumonomicon. After i returned to my save, everything in my book was discovered, but i myself discovered just the first few things. I did saw research.dat file in DWs world folder, but not in mine. if i open it with notepad i see "-player direwolf20" so i don't know should it reflect on me.. I also tried to remove it from the folder and everything was still researched. Did a force update, no change.

Please help me to resolve the issue because i want to discover thaumcraft myself. I wouldn't mind a full wipe, since i just started with it..

Thanks!

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, believe that if you delete research.dat, it should wipe your progress and make a new one. Though, I'm not sure if that file is in charge of other things like nodes and stuff.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Jim

Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Well, believe that if you delete research.dat, it should wipe your progress and make a new one. Though, I'm not sure if that file is in charge of other things like nodes and stuff.

yeah, that's what i thought too, but as i said, i removed research.dat and everything was still there.. it's strange that i find that file only in direwolfs save, not in mine... should it even read data from a different world?

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

yeah, that's what i thought too, but as i said, i removed research.dat and everything was still there.. it's strange that i find that file only in direwolfs save, not in mine... should it even read data from a different world?

I don't think so. I would generally say to delete everything besides non-thaumcraft stuff, but with the nodes and stuff, that would probably screw up your world. I'm not sure what controls the nodes, so maybe test around with it?

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Jim

Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

backuped only my world, deleted everything, let launcher to download everything again, restored my save, then when i loaded nei was in cheat mode (weird, never used it in this save..). i even destroyed the thaumonomicon in fire, made another one, looked inside- everything was discovered! i don't have research.dat file anywhere, it must be getting the data from somewhere else..

then i started a creative map, built a new thaumonomicon and voila, nothing was researched.. so if only i knew where exactly the research data is written i could delete it, or replace it with data from newly created world...

Jim

Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
✓  Best Answer

So ok, i found a solution with the help from peeps at minecraftforums thaumcraft 3 thread.

The research data is in in player.dat file AND in wolrd.dat file.

Those can be edited with NBTExplorer. The files are:

%APPDATA%\.minecraft\saves\(world name)\Players\playername.dat --> ForgeData\PlayerPersisted
%APPDATA%\.minecraft\saves\(world name)\level.dat --> Data\Player\ForgeData\PlayerPersisted

If you are copying your research to another world, copy the whole "PlayerPersisted" folder with NTBExplorer from any of those two .dat files.

If you are deleting your research make sure you delete "PlayerPersisted" folders from both of the .dat files (player.dat and level.dat), because if you delete of only from player.dat file, it's gonna copy itself back from level.dat file on next startup.

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thaumonomicon, Thaumcraft, direwolf20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users