Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do you think of this?

mods

2 replies to this topic

maximumtech

maximumtech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:maximumtech
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

As a novice game developer, I figured out a way to control tickrate locally, globally, or even "teleporting" into the future by emulating a lot of ticks past the timer.

What would you think of a mod that allowed you to place markers around an area, and then speed up time? It would be very expensive of course. I don't think the future teleporting is good, as it would be bad for servers. Local ticking wouldn't disrupt others' things.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
I think Dartcraft had this?
It seemed pretty nice.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Don't do it.. Dartcraft time torches are still disabled in most packs for causing server stress. 

Edit: The low stress way modders have used it is by aoe bonemeal effects for speeding up crop growth.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users