Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waypoint Recovery?

annoyance FTB

3 replies to this topic

Octopusmaster

Octopusmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I noticed that my waypoints were missing in my world, and I had VERY important coords in there (very far away from base) and I search on the Internet to find why this happend.

Then, I found out that VoxelMap waypoints, for the most stupidest reason ever, they store the points in the regular .minecraft folder. I realized then, because I was earlier changing my version on Vanilla MC for a server, they had been deleted.

That is my first statement, as why they got deleted. But the real reason right here is, does anyone know how to get them back. It would be a pain in the head and hand just to find those waypoints again, as I most likley went more than 3000 blocks away from my base, in almost all four directions.

I just want them back :/

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
If you had a restore point for your folder saved, you potentially have the ability to restore the minecraft folder back to this previous form. Aside from that, the chances are slim that you will get this information back.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

TKD_Warrior

TKD_Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

If you are running Windows you can do a system restore to a date before you updated and then save a copy of the waypoint folder before you let it update.  

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

If that is the case you'd be able to right click the fold and use "Restore Previous Versions" instead of doing an actual system restore.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: annoyance, FTB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users