Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fusion Reactor Not Starting

fusion mindcrack eu

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 14 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

The Fusion Reactor outputs packets of 1,000,000 EU/t, which means that as soon as it has >= 1,000,000 EU stored, it will output power. You'll need to detach the cable from the output face. I would've suggested to install an EU-Splitter Cable, but as they can't handle packets of 1,000,000 EU, this will cause cable melting and wasted power. The best solution at present is to just remove the cable temporarily while the reactor is charging, then replace the cable when you want power to output.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Tebs

Tebs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Currently running Mindcrack pack, have built the fusion reactor available (reactor surrounded by 24 fusion coil blocks) 

Wired it up to solar panels to charge it, EU is flowing in, but the UI from the fusion reaction shows it charging up to 1,000,000 EU, then resetting back to 0. The recipe is in correctly (HE-3 on top, H-2 on bottom)

Can anyone help me as to why it isn't charging fully and starting the reaction?

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

The Fusion Reactor outputs packets of 1,000,000 EU/t, which means that as soon as it has >= 1,000,000 EU stored, it will output power. You'll need to detach the cable from the output face. I would've suggested to install an EU-Splitter Cable, but as they can't handle packets of 1,000,000 EU, this will cause cable melting and wasted power. The best solution at present is to just remove the cable temporarily while the reactor is charging, then replace the cable when you want power to output.

• Tebs likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Tebs

Tebs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Thanks for the response.

Seems a bit odd as a solution though, as I have superconductor wire at the output (taken to condensators to HV transformers etc.) and would mean I'd effectively need to replace the cable between operations, completely removing the ability for automated charging.

I'll give it a go tomorrow (stayed up late watching Mindcrack UHC) and see what happens

Edit: Removing output cable allows it to charge. Still unsure how to make it work without the need to continuously place/break output cable, advice on this would be nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fusion, mindcrack, eu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users