Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

To-Do: Navigation Templates

documentation

29 replies to this topic

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
Hello! To give an overview of what is and what isn't done, I have compiled this list of missing navigation templates. Navigation templates are immensely practical for browsing the page and really useful for organizing content on FTBWiki. It would be great if we could eventually have a nav for all mods. Any help is appreciated.

You can find all current navs at Category:Navigation Templates. The easiest way to go about new nav templates is to just copypaste the code of another nav and change all relevant parameters. If you are unfamiliar with wikicode you might have to do some reverse engineering to get the hang of it, but once you recognize the patterns it's relatively easy to edit.

As for finding all the items belonging to one mod, I have found looking at a mod's source code to be the most reliable, but there are also other ways of doing it. Some mods have creative inventory tabs. Many mods will occupy a specific range of block/item IDs which you can look at, although this method is rather fallible. So the other option is to disable all but the one mod which you are looking at, start up a fresh creative world and check which items are left available. It's easier than it sounds, really.

The following mods do not have a navigation template yet:
  • Advanced Machines (x)
  • Advanced Solar Panels (x)
  • Assembly Line (x)
  • Atomic Science (x)
  • BackPack Mod
  • Bladecraft
  • CameraCraft
  • Chainz
  • CompactSolars (x)
  • Diamond Buckets
  • Electric Expansion (x)
  • EnhancedPortals 2 (x)
  • Equivalent Exchange 3 (x)
  • Extrabiomes XL (x)
  • Fluid Mechanics (x)
  • Furniture Mod
  • Logistics Pipes
  • Metallurgy 2
  • MFFS (x)
  • Microblocks
  • Millenaire
  • NanoTech
  • Natura (x)
  • Nuclear Control (x)
  • OmniTools (x)
  • Petroleum Generator (x)
  • Soul Shards (x)
  • Thaumic Tinkerer (x)
  • TubeStuff (x)
  • Wireless Redstone CBE (x)
Italics denote Ampz-only mods. Bolded are mods present in any of the FTB Packs. Additionally, the orange mods are currently only present in the New World Mod pack. This list does not include non-gameplay mods (e.g. Not Enough Items) or mods which have only one item (Gravity Gun, ChickenBones Core, Obsidian Pressure Plates).

Please post here if you have made any progress on any of these navs! Thanks!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Note to self and others: CompactSolars, EE3, OmniTools, Petroleum Generator and Soul Shards should all be fairly quick to make, nav-wise, as they add precious few new things to the game.

Another note to others so you won't be tripped up by the mistake I nearly made: Petroleum Generator adds a petroleum generator and a method of processing TrainCraft oil into BuildCraft oil (bituminous sludge + sludge bucket.) Although this isn't present in Ultimate Pack, it's still there, so it does in fact add three different things and not just one.

EDIT: I've made and transcluded nav templates for OmniTools, CompactSolars, Advanced Machines, and Petroleum Generator (which is located under PetroGen-nav as Pg-nav was taken by the Portal Gun mod.) I haven't made pages for Bituminous Sludge (Bucket), but the nav template is there for when they exist.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Thanks for the navs dA! I noticed you had forgotten Refined Iron Dust on Am-nav. I added that now.

I also made a nav for Advanced Solar Panels. A few side notes which I haven't gotten to include anywhere yet:

* Advanced Solar Panels adds its own version of the Iridium Ingot along with GregTech. This has to be noted in the Iridium Ingot article.

* Apparently both ASP and GraviSuite add an Ultimate Solar Helmet. Item IDs in-game are 30476 (GraviSuite) and 30359 (ASP). Both seem to have the same texture. Only ASP's version is craftable. GraviSuite version can only be crafted into the ASP version and has no recipe otherwise. Looking at the code, both helmets are actually the same, the only difference being that the GS version has lower "transferLimit" than the ASP version (I have no idea what that is). I'm guessing GS' Solar Helmet is a leftover of some previous update, and is only there to allow people to convert their helmet to the (superior) ASP one.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I'm guessing GS' Solar Helmet is a leftover of some previous update, and is only there to allow people to convert their helmet to the (superior) ASP one.

Keep in mind that GraviSuite runs without Advanced Solar Panels installed, so its Ultimate Solar Helm is available to the Direwolf20 pack whereas the ASP helm isn't. It's uncraftable, but can be cheated in.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Yeah, I checked in DW20 to see if it was available without ASP or not. I guess I should note that in the article too then.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I've filled in Soul Shards {{Ss-nav}}.

Could probably use a little more organizing or labels, but it should all be there otherwise, and in a fairly organized fashion.

Edit: Equivalent Exchange {{Ee-nav}} is done.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Thanks Kahless! Updated the main post now.

This is coming along very nicely. Thank you guys for helping out.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I've created EBXL-nav for ExtrabiomesXL, MFFS-nav for MFFS, Nc-nav for Nuclear Control, TS-nav for TubeStuff, and WRCBE-nav for Wireless Redstone. This means that all the navs that aren't for Universal Electricity mods (excepting Logistics Pipes, which is only in the Retro SSP pack afaik) are complete. Transclusions to the various pages are, as of typing this (i.e. right now), incomplete.

While making a nav for MFFS, I've noticed a problem. It appears that one cannot place greater than/lesser than signs (< or >) within Template:NavItem and still have the template function correctly. These are part of the names of some items within MFFS, so for now, I've just removed the greater than/lesser than signs from the name in-nav. Not sure how to proceed with this. Is there a way that this can be fixed in NavItem, or is this one of the limitations of the way that wikis work?

Also, another note: TubeStuff also adds a Tin Block and a Copper Block, which should most likely be noted in their respective articles. Haven't got around to that yet, unfortunately.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

There was already a nav for ExtraBiomes... http://ftbwiki.org/Template:XtraB-nav

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Awesome! That's great!

You can use the character entities &gt; and &lt; for > and <. You won't be able to use those for page names, however.

http://en.wikipedia....dden_characters

I think it would also be good to include the EBXL Biomes in the nav. Although the articles for those really need an overhaul eventually.

There was already a nav for ExtraBiomes... http://ftbwiki.org/Template:XtraB-nav

Oh geez, I completely missed that, sorry. The name made me assume it was one of felinoel's Extra Bees navs so I didn't check.
I think EBXL-nav is better organized and nav name is more intuitive. So, what do?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

I think EBXL-nav is better organized and nav name is more intuitive. So, what do?

I'm not sure, was wondering the same thing...

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I feel like EBXL-nav is a better name for an ExtrabiomesXL nav over XtraB, personally. As with Artsja, I was confused as to whether or not the nav had something to do with Extra Bees. I've also now added biomes to the list and changed a bad link in the nav that was pointing to a Twilight Forest block.

I've also attempted to use &lt; and &gt; in MFFS-nav and I appear to have run into the same problem wherein Template:NavItem displays all the content as plain text. I feel that the prefix (e.g. MFFS Projector Module) needs to be separated from the type (e.g. Wall) of upgrade that it is, even if the greater-than and less-than signs that MFFS uses in-game can't be used. For this purpose, I've used hyphens, which carries the added bonus of pointing to a few preexisting MFFS pages and adding some images of MFFS components to the nav.

Also, I'm foreseeing a problem. Many mods in Universal Electricity appear to have name conflicts with existing navs (e.g. Electric Expansion with Equivalent Exchange, Basic Components and Blastcraft with Buildcraft) and don't appear to have an easy way to get around this (ElecExpa-nav, ElectricExpansion-nav, nothing really works that well; perhaps EE-UE-nav?)

Thoughts?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

EEx-nav, maybe?

And for Basic Components, BCompo-nav?

And for Blastcraft, BlC-nav?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Although the three-letter acronyms are alright, I think the -UE suffix would be a viable alternative. The only issue that I see with this is the possibility of some of those mods being included in non-UE packs (e.g. Modular Powersuits), but I don't think that's a big problem.

I deleted XtraB-nav now and left EBXL-nav. Not sure if there was some better way to handle it/retain history... I think moving would've deleted the XtraB-nav history as well. Not so sure, sorry!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
There's already http://ftbwiki.org/T...e:BasicComp-nav as well

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

There's already http://ftbwiki.org/T...e:BasicComp-nav as well

See, this is why you should never trust anyone's judgement ever.

Fixed, thanks. 'w'

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
And also one for Mekanism :) http://ftbwiki.org/Template:Mk-nav

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
Woah nice thread, I was going to look for these on my own but I see I was beaten to the punch lol
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
I've added some more mods to the OP in orange, which are currently only present in the new world pack. I might have missed some because I'm not sure if some mods do or don't contain any items. These mods are currently only in said pack, but might be added to FTB packs in the future, as the Microblocks mod, which I also added to the list, was added to one of the FTB packs soon after New World was added to the launcher.

EDIT: I do feel that "Blocks/Items" aren't a very good criteria to categorize stuff in navs

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I've made navs for Assembly Line (Al-nav), Atomic Science (currently As-UE-nav; can be moved if necessary), Electric Expansion (EE-UE-nav) and Fluid Mechanics (Fm-nav). While using the Ampz pack to make these navs, it appears that Blastcraft, Green Tech and Hawks Machinery are not present in the FTB distribution of the Ampz pack. I can't find them on the list of mods provided by NEI, the list of mods provided by Minecraft Forge or the list of mods on the FTB launcher when launching Ampz.

If these are not included in the FTB distribution of Ampz and we are not planning on documenting them on this wiki, that means that all of the necessary navs for Ampz should be done. I say should be as I may have missed some items that may have been hidden from NEI, I'm not sure. Please feel free to add to any of these if you've found anything I've missed or if I've added items erroneously that are either not specific to that mod or NYI.

I've added some more mods to the OP in orange, which are currently only present in the new world pack. I might have missed some because I'm not sure if some mods do or don't contain any items. These mods are currently only in said pack, but might be added to FTB packs in the future, as the Microblocks mod, which I also added to the list, was added to one of the FTB packs soon after New World was added to the launcher.

EDIT: I do feel that "Blocks/Items" aren't a very good criteria to categorize stuff in navs

I've used Blocks/Items as categories in several of the navs I've made for Ampz, as there aren't that many items that are added by any given mod in the Ampz pack. I'm open to other ideas, but I'm really not sure what other distinctions can be drawn for many of these, unless we were to combine all of the Ampz mods into one large navigation template for the entire pack, in which case it would be possible to make distinctions other than simply blocks and items.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: documentation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users