Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTB Beta 1.5.2 World Crash

ftb beta 1.5.2 crash

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 26 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

NullPointerException (the error you're getting) refers to a mod requiring a file that it either cannot find or does not exist. Try redownloading the mod pack (your FTB installation is probably corrupted if there's a NullPointerException, go to Options --> Force Update, then launch) and, if that doesn't work, redownload all the mods from this location on MCForums. All the mods present on that thread are present in FTB, so better to redownload them all and ensure that things work properly.

It's interesting that only the one world is broken. Have you ever 1) crafted and placed an Ender Chest on that world, 2) crafted and placed either a Chunk Loader or a Spot Loader or 3) used Wireless Redstone? What makes this world different from other worlds, if anything? These mods are all inter-related as they are made by the same developer and share the same core libraries, so I'm thinking it's a problem with one or more of these.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

nethawk247

nethawk247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:nethawk247
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I think one of my worlds has been corrupted after my computer randomly shut down. I can open any world but that one as it was open during the time of crash. I believe the problem is with chunk loaders but I'm no expert and would like advice. 

Crash Log : http://pastebin.com/HBZ6jVJ8

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

NullPointerException (the error you're getting) refers to a mod requiring a file that it either cannot find or does not exist. Try redownloading the mod pack (your FTB installation is probably corrupted if there's a NullPointerException, go to Options --> Force Update, then launch) and, if that doesn't work, redownload all the mods from this location on MCForums. All the mods present on that thread are present in FTB, so better to redownload them all and ensure that things work properly.

It's interesting that only the one world is broken. Have you ever 1) crafted and placed an Ender Chest on that world, 2) crafted and placed either a Chunk Loader or a Spot Loader or 3) used Wireless Redstone? What makes this world different from other worlds, if anything? These mods are all inter-related as they are made by the same developer and share the same core libraries, so I'm thinking it's a problem with one or more of these.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

nethawk247

nethawk247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:nethawk247
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I've force-updated my modpack but the problem still persists. I did in fact place a chunk loader in the original world but can also place them on others without a problem. It seems my FTB client crashes when I try to open a Descriptive Book used with Mystcraft. I used an age to transfer lava in the troublesome world and just tried to create a new age in a brand new world causing a crash.

~Edit~ I entered the new world and tried to make a new age, and it worked. So I'm clueless as to what the problem could be.

~Edit 2~ I disabled both Mystcraft and EnderStorage mods and I can now enter my world. Thanks for the help GameStopper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ftb, beta, 1.5.2, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users