Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Texture Packs and the Three New Packs (DW20, Ultimate, Unhinged)

direwolf20 ultimate unhinged texture packs john smith technicians remix missing texture

5 replies to this topic

JetsNovocastrian

JetsNovocastrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Air_Guitar
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

So I downloaded the new Direwolf20 modpack a day or so ago, and decided that I wanted to see if the texture pack  "John Smith Technicians Remix" are compatible with these new modpacks (the description and modpack download options suggest that they do). Funnily enough, the texture pack naturally installs to the "Direwolf20" folder directory, whereas the 1.5 version of the Direwolf20 modpack naturally installs to the "Direwolf20_1_5 folder directory (as seen below). The "Direwolf20" folder only contains the folder directory for the texture pack.

FTB texture pack installation 1.png

I copied the texture pack folder from "Direwolf20" to "Direwolf20_1_5" and changed the pack in-game, for it to not fully work. As seen below, the texture pack successfully changes the GUI, but the block textures do not change, with dirt and stone blocks having missing textures.

FTB texture pack installation 2.png

Is there a way in which these can work?

Thanks for your time,

Matt

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

"Direwolf20" and "Direwolf20_1_5" are not the same thing. If you see "Direwolf20" in a list of compatible packs for a texture pack, that means it is compatible with the Direwolf20 pack for Minecraft 1.4.7, not for Minecraft 1.5. Since the John Smith Technicians Remix is not compatible with the Direwolf20_1_5 pack, you'd probably have to patch the textures together yourself to get this texture pack to work at the present time, or you can wait for it to be made compatible by the FTB team.

A texture pack for a given version of Minecraft will never work for a previous or future version (unless the changes are only bugfixes) as long as it's a major version change like 1.4 to 1.5, 1.5 to 1.6, etc. The same holds true for FTB. Thus, you must always download a texture pack update for these major version changes, as well as for any versions that add new blocks/items or change the way that texture packs work as 1.6 did.

• JetsNovocastrian likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Also, Ultimate is not a new pack. I think you mean Unleashed.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

JetsNovocastrian

JetsNovocastrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

"Direwolf20" and "Direwolf20_1_5" are not the same thing. If you see "Direwolf20" in a list of compatible packs for a texture pack, that means it is compatible with the Direwolf20 pack for Minecraft 1.4.7, not for Minecraft 1.5. Since the John Smith Technicians Remix is not compatible with the Direwolf20_1_5 pack, you'd probably have to patch the textures together yourself to get this texture pack to work at the present time, or you can wait for it to be made compatible by the FTB team.

Aah, thanks for clearing that up :)

Also, Ultimate is not a new pack. I think you mean Unleashed.

Yeah, whoops :P

JetsNovocastrian

JetsNovocastrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

On another note, where did the "solved" button go for each post? I am really knew to this site and I was able to mark what post solved my problem.

Cheers,

Matt

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

On another note, where did the "solved" button go for each post? I am really knew to this site and I was able to mark what post solved my problem.

Cheers,

Matt

'Solved' buttons only appear on posts in the 'Questions/Help' section. Thanks!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direwolf20, ultimate, unhinged, texture packs, john smith, technicians, remix, missing texture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users