Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GregTech

27 replies to this topic

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack
A short time has passed and Greg has managed to add like over 9000 new items or so to GregTech :P

I'm starting to upload new images for GregTech now, as well as adding to the nav. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that there will be a lot of new pages that will have to be added for GregTech. I've already added a couple, I'll be adding a lot more over the next few days. http://ftbwiki.org/Template:GT/Nav

I threw "Machine Box" in with the general machines, but I'm not really sure what it does, so if you guys know and it doesn't belong, feel free to move it to the right spot in the nav.
  • ViperSRT3g likes this

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I think that the Machine Box can be adapted to do a lot of different things. I saw something about that on the subreddit (r/feedthebeast) where someone made it into an uber-power-storage-device, albeit one that is difficult to regulate the output and input values of. It can also be used as a general-purpose Machine Block in the crafting of other machines like the Macerator, Compressor, etc etc etc etc.

• ZL123 likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
Hmm, sounds interesting. I've added another decent amount of blocks to the nav. There's still tons to go, but it's a starts. I'm not sure which are already in one of the FTB packs though, I'm basing this on the latest 1.6.2 release of GregTech. But we'll get there soon enough, so might as well future-proof :)

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

Hmm, sounds interesting. I've added another decent amount of blocks to the nav. There's still tons to go, but it's a starts. I'm not sure which are already in one of the FTB packs though, I'm basing this on the latest 1.6.2 release of GregTech. But we'll get there soon enough, so might as well future-proof :)

Updating to 1.6 before updating to 1.5?

:o

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Updating to 1.6 before updating to 1.5?
:o

The 1.6 release has everything the 1.5 release has.

EDIT: I've added 86 more items to the nav. Far from done though xD

I have to make another change, but I have to wait for the server load to drop a bit, editing the GregTech nav is incredibly CPU intensive.
  • ViperSRT3g likes this

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

A short time has passed and Greg has managed to add like over 9000 new items or so to GregTech :P

I'm starting to upload new images for GregTech now, as well as adding to the nav. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that there will be a lot of new pages that will have to be added for GregTech. I've already added a couple, I'll be adding a lot more over the next few days. http://ftbwiki.org/Template:GT/Nav

I threw "Machine Box" in with the general machines, but I'm not really sure what it does, so if you guys know and it doesn't belong, feel free to move it to the right spot in the nav.

9000 items in one nav?

I think it is time to split up the nav template for GregTech... >.>

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

9000 items in one nav?
I think it is time to split up the nav template for GregTech... >.>

Not actually 9000... I'm currently very busy, but I should be able to finish up the rest of the nav in a week or so. In the meantime I'm working on some other navs whenever I have some time to spare. And of course I'm also uploading tons of new images.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Not actually 9000... I'm currently very busy, but I should be able to finish up the rest of the nav in a week or so. In the meantime I'm working on some other navs whenever I have some time to spare. And of course I'm also uploading tons of new images.

Still seems like a lot for one nav

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

All items should be in the nav now, with the exception of the new spray cans, but I'll be adding those soon.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

So, I've added the link and image for Plastic Hammers, but I don't know how to link the link and the image.

I also remembered there are like over 9000 threads for the GregTech nav, so I hope this one's the best one to post this on.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Yeah, I removed those again because it's quite a bit of work to add it manually. I wrote custom software to handle most of the updating process. If you want to add something, it's best you just add it as a regular navitem, that's easy and it can be replaced later. I'll look into adding more items to the nav, but I've been very busy lately so I haven't been able to get around to it. If you look at the MFR/Nav, you'll see I also just added regular nav items to that one.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Speaking of GregTech, since 1.6 there is an endless amount of "meta-items", i. e. there is a general list of materials, and each material has its own ingot, dust, plate, dense plate, crushed ore, hammer head, rod, you get the point. Obviously we can't reasonably document all of those, and most of them don't have a use anyway. How about instead making pages for each material and general pages for each form that any material could have?
  • ZL123 likes this

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Speaking of GregTech, since 1.6 there is an endless amount of "meta-items", i. e. there is a general list of materials, and each material has its own ingot, dust, plate, dense plate, crushed ore, hammer head, rod, you get the point. Obviously we can't reasonably document all of those, and most of them don't have a use anyway. How about instead making pages for each material and general pages for each form that any material could have?

Yes, I was just thinking about that myselkf, would cut down the nav a bit too. But what about the things that do have a use? Where do we list the recipes? This would also cover dusts, ingots, ... And there's just soooo many of them, but most of the older ones, which are mostly documented, do have some specific uses.

• ZL123 likes this

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
I'd say the uses go on the material pages. e. g. for Bronze we can list the different ways of getting it (mixing dusts, crafting ingots, induction smelter, alloy smelter, smeltery, etc.) no matter what form of it is used, then we can have a section on how to conevrt between different forms (smelting, macerator, plate bender, plate cutter, etc.) and finally what you need all of the different forms for (tools, machines, components, whatchamacallits, etc.)

As for the generic forms, we should probably generally say how they are made (e. g. plates either by hammer from ingot, plate bender from ingot, plate cutter from block, alloy smelter with mold from ingot).

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

I'd say the uses go on the material pages. e. g. for Bronze we can list the different ways of getting it (mixing dusts, crafting ingots, induction smelter, alloy smelter, smeltery, etc.) no matter what form of it is used, then we can have a section on how to conevrt between different forms (smelting, macerator, plate bender, plate cutter, etc.) and finally what you need all of the different forms for (tools, machines, components, whatchamacallits, etc.)

As for the generic forms, we should probably generally say how they are made (e. g. plates either by hammer from ingot, plate bender from ingot, plate cutter from block, alloy smelter with mold from ingot).

We'd probably still have to make at least redirect pages for each of the meta-items, right?

So if someone wanted to know the uses of a Europium Rod, they'd get redirected to Europium?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Well, you could do the types, like rod etc and then the types of materials you can use to make said items

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

This is so going to end up in a split-page, with one side having Europium wiki page open and the other the Rod page.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
Sure, but we should redirect only those that are actually used, otherwise we'd have a crap ton of useless redirects.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Sure, but we should redirect only those that are actually used, otherwise we'd have a crap ton of useless redirects.

Where would they redirect to then? Or would they just not? I mean, they're items and they're in FTB, so surely we should be able to do something.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

At the moment all pages using GregTech-Nav are listed under that not so good sounding category: "Pages where template include size is exceeded" and are not showing the nav. Dunno, if thats a common problem though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users