Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GregTech

27 replies to this topic

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

At the moment all pages using GregTech-Nav are listed under that not so good sounding category: "Pages where template include size is exceeded" and are not showing the nav. Dunno, if thats a common problem though.

That is because the nav is so LARGE. Although if this now always happens when the nav is transculded, that wouldn't be a good thing... it might be possible to bump up that limit manually in the MW configuration, it would be up to RZR0 to decide and do that though.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

At the moment all pages using GregTech-Nav are listed under that not so good sounding category: "Pages where template include size is exceeded" and are not showing the nav. Dunno, if thats a common problem though.

This again? <_< Well, this time I won't be able to fix that. We'll need to split it up or at least do something to make it smaller.

That is because the nav is so LARGE. Although if this now always happens when the nav is transculded, that wouldn't be a good thing... it might be possible to bump up that limit manually in the MW configuration, it would be up to RZR0 to decide and do that though.

As far as I'm aware it's not possible.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

For now I've quickly split up the nav into regular and resources nav. I haven't made any changes to the pages, but I think we need a better solution for this (and urgent).

• ZL123, dgelessus and hannoman like this

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

So it's the sum of all templates which is counted against the template include size?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

So it's the sum of all templates which is counted against the template include size?

I'm not sure, either that or the side of the output of the template.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
What I THINK is that it checks the final size of all templates that will be transcluded, as this problem also appears on pages with many navboxes. In that case regular NavItems are much worse than Lua code, as the entire template content will be counted per NavItem, including all possible #if states. Oh, and the main Navbox template is gigantic and appears to have a lot of functionality that we'll never use, it might be a good idea to clean that up a little. (and I hate having default Wikia content on our site.)

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

What I THINK is that it checks the final size of all templates that will be transcluded, as this problem also appears on pages with many navboxes. In that case regular NavItems are much worse than Lua code, as the entire template content will be counted per NavItem, including all possible #if states. Oh, and the main Navbox template is gigantic and appears to have a lot of functionality that we'll never use, it might be a good idea to clean that up a little. (and I hate having default Wikia content on our site.)

GT/Nav is Lua based...

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

GT/Nav is Lua based...

But Template:Navbox isn't, and it's exactly 17650 bytes in size. 99 % of which get transcluded along with every single navbox. Template:Navbox_subgroup also transcluded Template:Navbox, meaning that in a navbox with 11 subgroups you'd almost have 200000 bytes of bare navbox. Not sure what the limit is, probably 250000 bytes or so, which wouldn't be that hard to attain if my math is correct.

PS:
Nope, my math was wrong. Actually the entire GT/Nav is over 1 million bytes in size. http://ftbwiki.org/U...sus/Navbox_size

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users