Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do I download mod updates?

mod update ftb unleashed

Best Answer Kahless61 , 19 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Mods live independent of FTB, so a lot of times they'll have code in there that checks for updates and informs its users. For us FTB users, that message tends to be misleading. FTB is a large compilation of mods delicately sewn together and tweaked by our benevolent overlords (Slowpoke) that even the slightest change in version of a mod could throw the whole thing off balance, if even still being playable. Generally the rule of thumb is, when you see a message that says "your mods are out of date", think "Ooh boy, new stuff when FTB updates! Can't wait for FTB to update" and other than that, just ignore it.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

I don't know how, or if it's possible to update my mods in the modpack. Can anybody tell me? I'm a noob at this.

EDIT:Biomes O' Plenty seems to have some problems,(I'll try to post a log later.) and doesn't seem to do anything,(The update notice was red, while the others were white.) plus damage indicators and logistics pipes are out of date.

EDIT: I did figure updating a bunch of stuff would be a bad idea, but Biomes O' Plenty doesn't appear to be a core mod that runs others mods or anything. Same with Damage Indicators and Logistics Pipes.

EDIT: Couldn't get the page to accept the log.

Edited by Aezex, 20 August 2013 - 01:11 AM.

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Depends on what mod you want to update. Normally it isn't a good idea, and the modpack gets updated by the FTB Team, so you don't need to update them yourself.

What do you want to update?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

Mods live independent of FTB, so a lot of times they'll have code in there that checks for updates and informs its users. For us FTB users, that message tends to be misleading. FTB is a large compilation of mods delicately sewn together and tweaked by our benevolent overlords (Slowpoke) that even the slightest change in version of a mod could throw the whole thing off balance, if even still being playable. Generally the rule of thumb is, when you see a message that says "your mods are out of date", think "Ooh boy, new stuff when FTB updates! Can't wait for FTB to update" and other than that, just ignore it.

• ZL123 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, update, ftb, unleashed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users