Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forestry Cherries, Walnuts and Chestnuts don't drop

Cherry Walnut Chestnut Forestry Help Drops Trees

24 replies to this topic

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:mafiaboss50
  • Modpack:YogCraft Modpack

Hi.

I have been playing yogcraft for quite a while, and I was following the build that Sjin from the Yogscast is using on his farm, but I can't get the same power source as him, because my trees don't drop cherries, walnuts or even chestnuts. Is there a fix for this? I have re-installed the modpack several times and I don't know what to do. Any help would be much appreaciated :D

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

You are cutting down the appropriate crossbred trees from Forestry, right? The vanilla trees only give apples.

What kind of power source do you want to use the fruit for anyway? You can squeeze fruit juice from apples as well.

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I have tried all trees to see if theres a bug and its coming from another tree. I want to make some kind of automated setup using chestnuts and stuff. I know that the vanilla trees don't drop cherries and walnuts. So yes I am using the right trees, even tried in all biomes. Seed oil automated setup for power.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Have you installed a circuit board with copper electron tubes to make it an orchard instead of an arboretum? If so, have you remembered to set it as a manual farm instead of a managed one?

http://forestry.seng...rms:programming

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Mr. Hippieshaman

Shouldn't the trees drop their fruits if I just plant them manually? I have not made any farm because there's no point in it, because I have no steady supply of power. Thats why I need the trees to drop their fruits.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

That is beyond my knowledge, sorry. I would assume that if you plant a tree that drops fruit in the world and cut it down to let the leafs decay, you would get their fruits. I've only planted cherry trees myself, and out of about 30 trees, I only got one cherry to drop.

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

What?! If THAT is the spawn rate it should be a way to set it a little bit higher shouldn't it? I've been watching some Yogscast videos with a modified version of Yogcraft and they got lots of lots of cherries.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

It could be that I was just very unlucky with mine. But as an alternative, you could make a few stirling engines to power your farm until you can loop the power by getting seed oil from it.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

Okay, so say you have a cherry tree sapling. Put it in a treealyzer, make sure it has cherries as fruit. Genetics can be quite weird with this, so it's better to doublecheck. Now grow that tree and cut it down. If you don't get a single cherry from that, something is definetely wrong.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Unless I'm mistaken, you should let the cherry leaves mature first before you cut the tree down. There should be a 100% chance of getting the drop, so long as the leaves are displaying the appropriate colouring for being fully mature.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

Unless I'm mistaken, you should let the cherry leaves mature first before you cut the tree down. There should be a 100% chance of getting the drop, so long as the leaves are displaying the appropriate colouring for being fully mature.

That may be an aspect of the Forestry trees that I am not familiar with...

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

How do I know that they have matured?

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Okay, so say you have a cherry tree sapling. Put it in a treealyzer, make sure it has cherries as fruit. Genetics can be quite weird with this, so it's better to doublecheck. Now grow that tree and cut it down. If you don't get a single cherry from that, something is definetely wrong.

It does have cherries as fruit, I let it grow the normal way without bonemeal, chopped it down, but still no cherries... :/

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I stayed logged in for 1 hour now on my singleplayer world, facing the tree half an hour, and looking away from the tree half an hour. How long do they take to mature if that is the case?

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I stayed logged in for 1 hour now on my singleplayer world, facing the tree half an hour, and looking away from the tree half an hour. How long do they take to mature if that is the case?

I get cherries most of the time from leaves where the little dots/fruit has turned red.

• timrem and Ferzation like this
"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I get cherries most of the time from leaves where the little dots/fruit has turned red.

Im going to try that now, do you know if I have to leve it or stay near it for the fruit to turn red?

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

If the chunk is loaded you don't need to be near it yourself.

Ferzation

Ferzation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

If the chunk is loaded you don't need to be near it yourself.

Yeah but not all blocks update if you look at them, right?

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

Yeah but not all blocks update if you look at them, right?

Looking at blocks only helps with the graphical appearance sometimes. The technical block updates happen if a chunk is loaded. Chunks are loaded in a radius of 9 chunks around every player and the spawn, but you can also use chunk loader blocks to manually load chunks in an area.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I haven't heard of any cases where you are required to look at a block for it to update. If you place a chunk loader / spot loader in the chunk(s) your trees are, they should eventually update.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cherry, Walnut, Chestnut, Forestry, Help, Drops, Trees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users