Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IC2 Experimental Reactor layout & designs

reactor layout design ic2 ic2 experimental

13 replies to this topic

OneNutWonder

OneNutWonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • IGN:DeadRaziel
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I'm looking for people to share reactor designs with me, i'm mainly want extra safe ones that output around 100-200 eu/t.

post screenshots of the interior layout, preferably what it looks like after completing a cycle.

I know a little of what to look for and expect, but i don't want to experiment too much and melt parts, reactor parts are expensive and take awhile to build.

any help is appreciated as what i'm finding elsewhere online outdated to the current version of ic2 found in monster.

• DiamondDoctor likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I dont use reactors, theyre too dangerous and require too much maintenance if you dont automate them. You should try making an ultimate hybrid solar panel, instead. They produce 512 eu/t in the day and 64eu/t in the night. It needs a lot of iridium, 65, hence the reason nuclear reactors are much cheaper in comparison. You should check them out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I dont use reactors, theyre too dangerous and require too much maintenance if you dont automate them. You should try making an ultimate hybrid solar panel, instead. 

Creating a one-block unmanned power source makes the game boring and feels more like cheating.

The power output of reactors could be buffed to make them more rewarding, though.

I recommend using an online reactor planner:

http://www.talonfire...torplanner.html

(not sure if it applies for Monster & IC2EXP, though)

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

OneNutWonder

OneNutWonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I play on a survival mode server, so it's not easy getting iridium. To be honest i have yet to produce a single piece of iridium. It is extra complicated in monster, but from what i understand, uu-matter is needed, which takes a massive amount of energy to produce. I have a compact solar generator and a standard solar on my roof but both of them are smaller in eu/t than my pair of coal powered generators. My geo thermal eats lava too fast. Given all of them running at the same time isn't enough to provide stable continuous power to the hungry machines. That's why i need nuclear. I have a basic reactor up and running now providing 30 eu/t which helps, but i know i can improve it while keeping it stable.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

The amount of gold that goes into a reactor now since they changed the heat values is disgusting..plus they eat through the components even if it produces zero heat unless they're given cooling periods... More than half of the power they output will always go to reproccessing now since you have to use the thermal centrifuge. Even after all of that you still run out of one type of uranium wayyy before the other unless you start using MOX fuel which will run out too. Half of the power goes to reprocessing and half to quarrying. (I.E.: there is no output power now).

OneNutWonder

OneNutWonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

i may just live with a stable reactor at 35-40 like i have it now and use drums to feed semi-fluid generators powered by processed fuel.  32 eu/t each isn't bad if i make a row of them, and 0 explosion risk is always a plus.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
In my pack iridium is easy to get. Molecular transformer iron into iridium amd lots of eu. IMO reactors are too high of maintenance for their output now. Solar farms are really reliable and easily reproducible.

OneNutWonder

OneNutWonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
That device isn't in the monster pack, my goal with this post is exclusive to monster so thanks anyway.
Looking for help from the monster players, the nuclear physics genius' to show us some good current mark1-2 reactor layouts.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Well I attempted to appeal to the sensible who don't want to blow up their base for no reason ;P

I'll have to redirect you to the nuclear engineering forum. http://forum.industr...f70c741f299ea00

I'll edit this post again when I find my previous mk2 @100eu/t. 

• OneNutWonder likes this

Aarron

Aarron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Deathmourne

I have 12 separate reactors in my base with the layout-- 21p1hwuaig4yubc1uviz6luycax0a3ei6epr0o03d4s3sz3f3hgx8cflgo7ww7x0qcsrrm7dhisetc0 -- It provides 120 EU/t without the danger of overheat or explosion. and can be very compact only requiring 2 blocks (4 including the ME Export Bus and the precision import Bus)

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

In my pack iridium is easy to get. Molecular transformer iron into iridium amd lots of eu.

The Fusion Reactor from Gregtech is the only thing I know that makes iridium. And the wiki doesn't have an entry for a Molecular Transformer...

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
The Molecular Transformer is from Advanced Solar Panels, it basically allows you to transform items into ther items of the same color at the cost of a lot of EU.

Kale_Mercer

Kale_Mercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Kale_Mercer
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Im just getting in to MOX nuclear reactor and looking for more information on them  (IM runing MC1.6.4). Just got 2 standerd reactors  running, using  Reactor Planer makes it like taking candy from a baby. (Sorry No PICs)

First one is running 4 Duel uranum Rods and out puting at 200Eu and a total of 40Mil.

21p7gto21i10k0mwbehajl4myfyjp10nmg0egftxfw0eqa6h3helxo18cqiihg3ui6qncr0bhq8uebk

and a 100 EU a littel cheaper

21p7gto21i10k0mwbehajl4myfyjp10nmg0efxaty0sptxcy3vj5u1hqrjes2e1jqeuynydmq9uczcw

The Thick nutron Reflector will last 2 full cycels all other components can be used indefently, just make sure the cool down all the way. shouldnt take more then a few min

Reactor Planer Is Here: http://www.talonfire...p2r7r1qob9ncr9c

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Thick Neutron Reflectors are expensive. You won't want to replace them every 2 runs otherwise you'll gain nothing because all power will go into getting more resources. I believe I talked about this earlier that using power to make power doesn't seem very wise to me.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reactor, layout, design, ic2, ic2 experimental

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users