Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumcraft with friends?

thaumcraft multiplayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

TheGamingWyvern

TheGamingWyvern

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I was wondering if there was any way to share research between people on a server. I have built up a base on a multiplayer server with two friends, and I am currently in the process of researching the thaumcraft tech tree. Everything that I have read leads me to believe that once I research something, i just tell my friends what the items are in it and then they research it for themselves. However, I figured that I might as well take a shot and see if I am missing something (i.e. a way to share Theorems, for example). Like I said, I doubt it exists, but I figure i should cover all my bases.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hmm, not sure. Maybe there's a way to duplicate completed research pages VIA creative mode or something? That's the only solution that I could think of, though. 

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

If I can remember correctly, duped research papers won't work on other players. Only the person who researched it.

A painful way would be to keep copying the player files around as the thaumonomicon's data is tied to the player and not the book. Though I would say your best bet is to just spawn in the aspects for research and destroy any extras.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Accidentally I found that placing an item like a bee in an item frame and then middle clicking it while in creative gives you an exact copy of that bee and all of its special data... you could try that but ThaumCraft might work differently.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Accidentally I found that placing an item like a bee in an item frame and then middle clicking it while in creative gives you an exact copy of that bee and all of its special data... you could try that but ThaumCraft might work differently.

That happens in Creative whenever you middle-click an item in any inventory like a furnace, crafting or the Player's inventory... even in Vanilla. If I'm not mistaken this was added in Minecraft 1.4.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thaumcraft, multiplayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users