Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Turtle fuel

turtle mining mindcrack

Best Answer Hippieshaman , 10 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

if you have a decent generation of EU, you can make a charging station, block ID: 1229

You connect it to your power grid (I think it only accepts 32 EU/t, but I might be wrong) and put the turtle down in front of the brown dot (output, all other sides are inputs)

You can type in "refuel" on your turtle to see how charged it is, the number that you get is how many blocks it can move.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

sammermann

sammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hi guys,

I'm playing on the Mindcrack modpack and I've been using a mining turtle to satisfy my mining needs. I'm no programmer and just use the excavate program but I'm more wondering what you guys think is the best way to fuel these little guys. I have been using coal and lava primarily but I wonder if you guys have suggestions for better fuel types.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Lava is definitely the best. It is renewable and lasts a looooooooooong time

• sammermann likes this

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

sammermann

sammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Lava is definitely the best. It is renewable and lasts a looooooooooong time

So are you suggesting a magma crucible? The only problem I have with it, is the fact that I need power to make the usable energy

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed
✓  Best Answer

if you have a decent generation of EU, you can make a charging station, block ID: 1229

You connect it to your power grid (I think it only accepts 32 EU/t, but I might be wrong) and put the turtle down in front of the brown dot (output, all other sides are inputs)

You can type in "refuel" on your turtle to see how charged it is, the number that you get is how many blocks it can move.

• sammermann likes this

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

Alister19

Alister19

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 38 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I know nothing about turtles - but on Direwolfs let's play he fuels his with blaze rods he gets from his blaze spawner - Not using Mindcrack so not sure whether you can get soul shards but that would be - though time consuming, it would be most efficient source of energy and infinite source.

Alister19

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

You can get soul shards in mindcrack. Also, if you get a wither skeleton spawner you could use the excess coal.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Instead of a magma crucible you can just bring your turtle down to a lava pool, and fill it up with like 20 buckets, one at a time. Then bring it back up, and It wil have tons of fuel.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Hippie's method of charging Turtles seems to be the most efficient method. So far, I haven't seen an upper limit on how much of a charge each Turtle can hold. And if there is a limit, it's excessively large.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

If there is no limit, then couldnt the charging station potentially deplete your entire EU storage?

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

It seems to be extremely passive. One of the players on my server attached the charging station between the Solar Panels and the MFSUs, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Turtles attached to the charging station passively charge without draining all the power from the Solar Panels, and the solar panels are able to charge the MFSUs as normal without a shortage of EU.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I have never used either a turtle or a charging station, so if it works, I dont see why not to use a charging station.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It does seem that EU is the best way to go here. I personally used charcoal (I have a quarry now) as it was easy to farm.

Also I wrote a program I used that made the turtle go forward until its last slot was filled. It also always tries to place blocks beneath it. I wrote another program that also made the turtle fill all the sides and the top, but the turtle went so much slower. I lost that program anyway, when my quarry mined my turtle! I backed up the old program, but not the other one.

http://pastebin.com/SnPA3MqM

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I use coke coal, it can dig like 3 layers with 1.

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: turtle, mining, mindcrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users