Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Updating mod versions and removing joint wiki entries from different modpacks.

version modpacks articles templates

3 replies to this topic

Simone

Simone

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Painstouch
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Greetings.

A somewhat odd request, but, I'd like to see as per title, that if possible, version numbers and content of the modpacks would be more regularly updated, at least on the main page.

Also, I've noticed some articles containing a default entry for advanced versions of the item, but since Ultimate split off, It would be strange to keep them as they were in the Ultimate Pack, rather then cleaning them up and providing alternative recipes for different modpacks.

Last but not least, If it would be possible to provide better insight into article templates for future newcomer editors, it would be splendid.

~

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack
It is a community-driven wiki, so instead of requesting you should just click the edit button and start applying the necessary changes yourself ;)

As for the oddness of request, it doesn't seem odd to me at all. It's quite reasonable to expect the wiki to update as fast as possible. As I've said, it really depends on people's contribution activity.

And about the last request: most of the articles for items of "good old" mods like IC2 are pretty much what you should stick to, if you're looking for examples. Always keep the Style Guide in mind though! It's essential to check it out before going on an article-creation spree.

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

Simone

Simone

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Painstouch
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, I would, if I could. I even tried.  ;)  That goes for the main page of the Wiki, that is.

Yeah, did check out the Style Guide, but I am thinking somewhere along the lines of http://ftbwiki.org/Template:Item. Having more kinds of those would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers.

~

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack
That's the template's documentation. Article is basically a bunch of text, headers, links, templates (like the above-mentioned) and a navbar - assembled according to the Style Guide.

Main page is protected for anti-vandalism reasons. Contributors and up can access it though.

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: version, modpacks, articles, templates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users