Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bee Issues/Concerns/Bugs

Bees Magic Bees New Bees

30 replies to this topic

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Well, Extra Bees still has a Diamond Bee and an Emerald Bee. Magic Bees changed their names to be way less confusing, but it is why you have all of them =) I have all of them as well.

Cool.

You still haven't said anything about the glowing stuff. I wrote more than you quoted. :P

Definitely another way (for items only!) to get the icon is to open up the mod files with WinRAR or 7Zip or a similar program, and find the image file(s) for that item. If it's part of a whole sheet, do a Save As, so you work on another copy and don't mess up the actual mod files. Even if it isn't, I would anyway just in case. Personally I like to keep a sort of library of all the images I've uploaded to the wiki. So if it's part of a sheet, crop to the image (make sure the corners are multiples of 16) to the actual one you want, save, and upload that!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

I've updated the combs. I've decided to stick with the original names for the tinted combs as they're a lot easier to work with/more clear. The airy comb was renamed to windy, so it's possible to use either name in the combs template.

EDIT: I've moved the thaumic bees template to Template:Bees/Magic and I've updated it. I also found a couple of bees that needed updating/adding that weren't on the list, including a bunch of extinct ones. I've kept the original names for the renamed bees intact as well as adding the new ones. Of course, please let me know if I missed anything.

EDIT2: I've added a couple of missing products as well, I'll finish that tomorrow.

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I've updated the combs. I've decided to stick with the original names for the tinted combs as they're a lot easier to work with/more clear. The airy comb was renamed to windy, so it's possible to use either name in the combs template.

EDIT: I've moved the thaumic bees template to Template:Bees/Magic and I've updated it. I also found a couple of bees that needed updating/adding that weren't on the list, including a bunch of extinct ones. I've kept the original names for the renamed bees intact as well as adding the new ones. Of course, please let me know if I missed anything.

EDIT2: I've added a couple of missing products as well, I'll finish that tomorrow.

Assuming you finished updating the bees, just at first glance I notice that Ender, Oblivion, Diamandi, Damp, Caffeinated, Gnawing, Decomposing, Robust, Tarry, Growing, Thriving, Blooming, Ripening, and Sticky are still wrong. That was just scanning the page, I might have missed some =)

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Assuming you finished updating the bees, just at first glance I notice that Ender, Oblivion, Diamandi, Damp, Caffeinated, Gnawing, Decomposing, Robust, Tarry, Growing, Thriving, Blooming, Ripening, and Sticky are still wrong. That was just scanning the page, I might have missed some =)

Well, I haven't gotten to forestry or extra bees yet. But magic bees should be done.

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Well, I haven't gotten to forestry or extra bees yet. But magic bees should be done.

All the magic bees look good! Diamandi was misspelled on the page, which is why it was not working. All fixed now =)

JAWolfe

JAWolfe

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I see that RZR0 insists on copying my contributions, deleting them, pasting it back in, then locking the page. I wanted to help but I see that this is the RZR0 site and not a wiki so I will never contribute to this site again.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

JAWolfe, you made a duplicate of the template which already existed for Magic Bees (formerly Thaumic Bees), so that page had to be deleted for the page move. If you had edited Template:Bees/Thaumic as you should have, instead of making the duplicate at Template:Bees/Magic, the deletion would not have occurred.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

I see that RZR0 insists on copying my contributions, deleting them, pasting it back in, then locking the page. I wanted to help but I see that this is the RZR0 site and not a wiki so I will never contribute to this site again.

Your contributions are appreciated, but you should discuss it here before you make modifications to sensitive templates like the Bees templates. Your magic template was not only a duplicate of the thaumic one, which had to be renamed, but the images also contained the enchanted glow. The magic template documentation also did not list the included bees in alphabetical order. None of the images were compressed either, which is pretty important for sprite templates. And you broke the bee species page by modifying all of the magic bees to use your Bees/Magic template, rather than proxying through Bees as it was mean to be set up. All of the item images also have to be uploaded to the wiki in correct form (32px grid and 64px item images), before they are used in sprite templates.

I've locked all of the pages so only contributors can edit them, because these are very important templates and contributors are generally aware of how to edit things. I'll be more than happy to give you a contributor account as you've certainly shown that you're a good contributor.

We just try to maintain a high quality level on the wiki. I really hope you'll reconsider and stay with us, we'd be happy to have you here.

EDIT: All of the products have been updated + an unknown image added.

EDIT2: Extra Bees is updated now, found a few more that weren't on the list and I added an unknown image.

EDIT3: Found 3 more extinct magic bees, added those + an unknown image.

EDIT4: I've updated the forestry bees and added an unknown image. That should be everything?

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

This is all just a terrible mess... do we know if they are going to stick with the current names or just change it again next update?

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel

Can somebody please have a look at http://ftbwiki.org/i...706&oldid=90389 and tell me if this huge edit should be patrolled and approved or not? I am a bee nub when it comes to 1.5.2+ sadly.

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

That edit was a revert back to the archived bee page, which we link to since it's still relevant to the Ultimate pack. I've rolled it back, since we're keeping that page up-to-date for the 1.5.x packs now.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bees, Magic Bees, New Bees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users