Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suddenly, tainted lands

thaumcraft taint tainted

15 replies to this topic

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • IGN:BlauRascon
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I'm all for creepy stuff, and tainted lands sound pretty neat... but didn't expect to find a huge blotch of it not far from where we're building spawn.

Googled around, didn't really get a whole lot of info aside from a few Reddit threads. So... uh.

What is taint, where does it come from, how dangerous is it, and how do I get rid of it? I know blooms and silverwoods get rid of it, is there any other way, or a way to identify the source?

The only two people on the server are me and the server host, and only I've been dabbling in thaumcraft - mainly running around and analyzing everything. We're both in creative most of the time because we're building spawn.

(I wouldn't mind living in a huge tainted area, but, I'll keep that to a mystcraft age, not the overworld!)

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Taint spawns in the Tainted Lands biome, obviously.

It spreadsss.

And I know there are certain Tainted mobs, but I don't know whether they spawn or if ordinary mobs turn into them.

If you go on a creative world, you can play around with the different Tainted mobs.

There's also like a... dangly tainted flower type thing. It hurts (if I remember correctly)!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

blaurascon

blaurascon

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • IGN:BlauRascon

I found a random huge blotch of tainted lands not far from spawn - would it be safe to leave it alone, or should I try to destroy it? I'm surrounding it in blooms in Creative, just in case, but yeah.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

There will probably be a tainted node there. Any normal aura node in a tainted area will become a tainted node and spread taint further.

Tripas Secos

Tripas Secos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

so do you have to destroy the tainted node?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

so do you have to destroy the tainted node?

Get some Goggles of Revealing so you can find the node, then you just have to mine it with a pickaxe.

IHazJaffaz

IHazJaffaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:IHazJaffaz

I found a random huge blotch of tainted lands not far from spawn - would it be safe to leave it alone, or should I try to destroy it? I'm surrounding it in blooms in Creative, just in case, but yeah.

Keep going with the blooms.

(For all I know.)

moute3

moute3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:moute3
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

The blooms should at least stop it form spreding but, you might want to use some silverwood to help counteract it and, like timrem said break the tainted node, that should make it go away. (sorry for necro)

SuperAWESOMEderp

SuperAWESOMEderp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:SuperAWESOMEderp
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Sorry, this thread is 2 years old, but is it possible to completely destroy tainted lands? I don't care if I lose the tainted node. I just want the taint GONE. Stopping it from spreading doesn't cut it. I have Thaumcraft 4, and 1.7.10.

• felinoel likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Sorry, this thread is 2 years old, but is it possible to completely destroy tainted lands? I don't care if I lose the tainted node. I just want the taint GONE. Stopping it from spreading doesn't cut it. I have Thaumcraft 4, and 1.7.10.

If you destroy any tainted nodes, you can use ethereal blooms to cleanse the taint and remove the biome for good. If you never want to see tainted biomes ever, you can modify your thaumcraft config files to prevent tainted biomes from spawning, though you would need to use the ethereal blooms to remove any existing tainted lands in your world.

• ZL123 likes this

SuperAWESOMEderp

SuperAWESOMEderp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the reply. I guess ethereal blooms are the only way (other than going into config). In thaumcraft 4.2, I heard of this flux scrubber thing that removes taint 16 blocks from it. Confirm?

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Thanks for the reply. I guess ethereal blooms are the only way (other than going into config). In thaumcraft 4.2, I heard of this flux scrubber thing that removes taint 16 blocks from it. Confirm?

If you have Witchery (or some other biome changing mod) you can use a ritual to change the biome, if the taint is large this will take a LONG time though unless you have a max coven.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

SuperAWESOMEderp

SuperAWESOMEderp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can silverwood saplings convert the taint into magical biome?

Also BTW, how to post a new thread? Couldn't fine it...

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Also BTW, how to post a new thread? Couldn't fine it...

They can't.

It is on the top right of the category.

http://ftbforums.org...o=new_post&f=63

player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

They can't.

While true that the saplings themselves can't, Silverwood trees have a chance to generate with a Pure Node inside, and those can slowly convert the nearby terrain into a magical forest biome (at least that's how it works in 1.6). This is not enough to overcome a Tainted Node, but can be used to eventually remove the tainted biome if there is no tainted node. Ethereal blooms are still the recommended way to go though, since they act much quicker and restore the biome to its natural state.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

While true that the saplings themselves can't, Silverwood trees have a chance to generate with a Pure Node inside, and those can slowly convert the nearby terrain into a magical forest biome (at least that's how it works in 1.6). This is not enough to overcome a Tainted Node, but can be used to eventually remove the tainted biome if there is no tainted node. Ethereal blooms are still the recommended way to go though, since they act much quicker and restore the biome to its natural state.

That is a rare chance though.

player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thaumcraft, taint, tainted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users