Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transferring mods between packs.

mod transfer conftg universal NEI

Best Answer timrem , 27 April 2014 - 03:29 AM

You have two options:

1: Download the mods you want individually

In this method, you'd find each mod online, usually from links in the Minecraft forums. You should be able to download the mods, and use the FTB Launcher's "edit modpack" button to add the .jar files to the modpack you wish to use.

2: Transfer mods between packs

Here, you would download both the pack you want to use, and the pack(s) with the extra mods you wish to add. For example, if you want to play FTB Lite 2 but also want Thaumcraft, you could download FTB Lite 2 and Magic World 2. Next you'd find your FTB folder, go to "Magic_World_2/minecraft/mods" and copy the file Thaumcraft .zip file to "FTBLite2/minecraft/mods". The next time you'd launch the FTB Lite 2 pack, it would load with Thaumcraft all ready to go.

The first method is probably easier if you're just adding a mod or two, the second is easier if you can't be bothered to google each individual mod and find the proper version.

Also: Be sure to only copy mods between two packs for the same version of Minecraft. Copying XyCraft from the original Direwolf20 1.4.7 pack to the Monster pack won't work, nor will taking anything from the Unstable 1.7 pack to other packs.

Go to the full post »

16 replies to this topic

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

I want to transfer some mods between packs, but I don't want to go through and fix all the config files. Then I heard about universal configs. How do they work?

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

With any of the FTB packs for Minecraft 1.6, all you have to do is transfer mods between the packs. The universal configs that the FTB Team has created ship with every 1.6 pack, for every such mod, not just those in that pack. So if there's a mod in Monster that you want to use in Tech World 2, all you should have to do is copy the mod from one pack to the other, no config alterations needed.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Perfect! Thank You!

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Come to find out, "Just copy them over is harder then it sounds." Can anyone give a step-by-step process? Like copy them from where? Do you need to download a pack they're in?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
✓  Best Answer

You have two options:

1: Download the mods you want individually

In this method, you'd find each mod online, usually from links in the Minecraft forums. You should be able to download the mods, and use the FTB Launcher's "edit modpack" button to add the .jar files to the modpack you wish to use.

2: Transfer mods between packs

Here, you would download both the pack you want to use, and the pack(s) with the extra mods you wish to add. For example, if you want to play FTB Lite 2 but also want Thaumcraft, you could download FTB Lite 2 and Magic World 2. Next you'd find your FTB folder, go to "Magic_World_2/minecraft/mods" and copy the file Thaumcraft .zip file to "FTBLite2/minecraft/mods". The next time you'd launch the FTB Lite 2 pack, it would load with Thaumcraft all ready to go.

The first method is probably easier if you're just adding a mod or two, the second is easier if you can't be bothered to google each individual mod and find the proper version.

Also: Be sure to only copy mods between two packs for the same version of Minecraft. Copying XyCraft from the original Direwolf20 1.4.7 pack to the Monster pack won't work, nor will taking anything from the Unstable 1.7 pack to other packs.

• ZL123 and Aezex like this

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Ok. Can I edit the name of a mod so I can tell the difference between native pack mods and added ones, without breaking the game?

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

im pretty sure. if not, maybe make a notepad list of the few you added. thats easy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Okay. For example, I wanted to add Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo  to Direwolf20. So I open the Agrarian skies mod folder and lo and behold there is Ex Aliquo. Ex Nihilo however, doesn't appear to be there. Where did it go?

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Huh so you have the addon for the mod but not the mod? does it throw an error?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Ex Nihilo is "crowley-skyblock-v1.29b.jar". I can see why you had trouble finding it in the mods folder: it's there, just not named anything like what you'd expect :)

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Hm. That makes sense when you see his screenname but gross thats confusing
  • Aezex likes this

-DiamondDoctor

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Yup, it's there. But yeah, that's not the kind of name you'd expect. I hope in the future there will be more support for editing modpacks so there won't be problems like this. For instance, it appears that if I want to update any added mods, I have to update the pack I got them from and copy them over. It would be easier if the packs could know what mods are installed and give you updates for them. Or you could say to download updates for XYZ mod and it would do it. Downloading all those modpacks takes a long time.

• DiamondDoctor likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I'm pretty confident they won't do that. One of the main reasons modpacks use older versions of mods is that the FTB team can't keep up with testing every update of every mod in every pack for compatibility with every other mod. Introducing a way for the user to automatically update individual mods in a pack would circumvent their regiment of stability tests, and generate oh so many tech support requests. Also, standardized modpacks are what make it so easy for FTB clients to connect to servers.

If you do want to update just one mod, it's quicker to find the mod online and download it individually rather than find a pack and download that whole thing.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

In this post by JadedCat (http://forum.feed-th...s-in-1-7.44850/) she mentions that with 1.7 upgrades that modpacks with all the mods in them would be possible. Also, FTB could add the ability to add client-side only modpacks, so that people can have the standard packs as well as modified ones. Since they would be client-side only, that's no extra drain for FTB and with better compatibility there would be fewer problems. 

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

she mentions that with 1.7 upgrades that modpacks with all the mods in them would be possible

"Possible", yes. "Stable" or even "Playable", not necessarily. 1.7 makes adding mods easy because you don't have ID Conflicts to worry about. It doesn't mean all mods will play nice together.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Well, one can only hope that someday most of the mods will be compatible with one another. The mods in the modpacks right now seem to be okay with each other. And once different compatibility changes are added, like RF support, things should start going better.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

We can hope. For instance, I looked into adding Pixelmon to the modpack I use. Unfortunately, you can't run Pixelmon and NEI at the same time, because they each change the user interface in ways which cannot work together. And since NEI is essential for an enjoyable modded Minecraft experience (in my opinion): no Pixelmon for me :(

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, transfer, conftg, universal, NEI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users