Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How many MJs does a sawmill use?

Thermal Expansion Sawmill MJ

Best Answer Artsja , 07 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

The Sawmill uses a minimum of 0.5 MJ/t and a maximum of 2 MJ/t. You can actually see some of those statistics once you open the Sawmill GUI, but you're right, this information should be noted in the article. You could probably get away with a heated up Stirling Engine or a Hobbyist's Steam Engine at slower production speeds.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

So I want to make a sawmill, but the wiki article doesn't say how many MJs it uses, so I'm not sure what kind of engine I need to power it.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

So I want to make a sawmill, but the wiki article doesn't say how many MJs it uses, so I'm not sure what kind of engine I need to power it.

If I were you, I'd just use a Stirling Engine initially. Just trial and error! :)

You could also test this on a Creative World.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

The Sawmill uses a minimum of 0.5 MJ/t and a maximum of 2 MJ/t. You can actually see some of those statistics once you open the Sawmill GUI, but you're right, this information should be noted in the article. You could probably get away with a heated up Stirling Engine or a Hobbyist's Steam Engine at slower production speeds.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Thanks, I had not built it yet and wanted to know if it was something I could power on site or needed to be hooked up to my energy network.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thermal Expansion, Sawmill, MJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users