Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumcraft Angry Zombies Won't Spawn

thaumcraft zombies brains spawning MindCrack Angry Zombies

Best Answer KCAthlete , 05 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

So as it turns out, Angry Zombies can't spawn on Ice Plains.

To fix this, I downloaded another mod to the server that can edit spawn rates here. Angry Zombies weren't listed in ice biomes so I just copied and pasted it in from a biome they did spawn in. Regardless, thanks for all your help.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

KCAthlete

KCAthlete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I created a MindCrack FTB Server. I have been playing on it for a few weeks and I need zombie brains, but no angry zombies will spawn. If it makes a difference, we are in a snow biome. Also the server is hosted on a MacBook. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Odd, I think they spawn too often (and I'm in a snowy rainforest biome), I have tons of brains in random chests just sitting their rotting (granted, I suppose regular rotten flesh does the same thing, though at least they can be fed to dogs).

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Nighthawkx13

Nighthawkx13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
You could try another biome

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Hmm, I've found quite a few Angry Zombies. Have you ever seen one on your World at all? Maybe there's a config setting, or you just haven't been lucky/looking hard enough. Try finding a flat spot and wait there at night, and hopefully you'd be able to see some spawning.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

KCAthlete

KCAthlete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I looked through the config and it says "spawn_angry_zombies=true," so it's not the config, and  I have another server (not FTB) with ThaumCraft and Angry Zombies work fine. Nether Bats spawn also, so it's not a problem with compatibility. I am in an ice plains so it is pretty flat and have also been adventuring around the world with no luck. I have spawned an angry zombie with NEI and it works just fine. The only conclusion I have is the entity id. For any people who own a server, what is the entity of your "smartzombie??" One other thing, is that there is none to minimal flux in the area, I don't think that effects anything, but I don't know

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Maybe try finding a zombie spawner and see if that spawns any Angry Zombies.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Try looking in a wasteland biome. They are very flat and get great spawn rates at night. You should be able to conclude that they are of if you can't find one there in a whole night.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Try looking in a wasteland biome. They are very flat and get great spawn rates at night. You should be able to conclude that they are of if you can't find one there in a whole night.

Yeah, some good biomes are Wasteland, Desert, Plains (although the Tall Grass can be annoying), Savanna (same with this), and Meadows (and this, but this is extremely flat and is very good).

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

KCAthlete

KCAthlete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think the Ice Plains would be flat enough, and no zombies have ever spawned there, but I will try to find a zombie spawner for Angry Zombies. This is very frustrating. =O

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

AFAIK mobs cant spawn on snow, not thinking about snow blocks, but the thin layer of snow above it, it counts as a transparent block.

For reference to you, the entity id for angry zombies on my server: "I:smartzombie=205"

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

AFAIK mobs cant spawn on snow, not thinking about snow blocks, but the thin layer of snow above it, it counts as a transparent block.

For reference to you, the entity id for angry zombies on my server: "I:smartzombie=205"

Also, do know that entity ID is for an Ultimate Pack server.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

KCAthlete

KCAthlete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think that mobs can spawn on a single snow layer, because otherwise at night, barely any mobs would spawn at all, but there are lots.

Thanks for the ID

Also, do know that entity ID is for an Ultimate Pack server.

I know, but I think it would be the same since all my ThaumCraft entities are in the 200's.

I wish someone knew the spawning mechanics of ThaumCraft, but ThaumCraft mechanics aren't easy to find, as it is in the book. :wacko:

Also, does anyone know how to change mob spawn rates, because they might be way to low for some reason.

KCAthlete

KCAthlete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
✓  Best Answer

So as it turns out, Angry Zombies can't spawn on Ice Plains.

To fix this, I downloaded another mod to the server that can edit spawn rates here. Angry Zombies weren't listed in ice biomes so I just copied and pasted it in from a biome they did spawn in. Regardless, thanks for all your help.

• ViperSRT3g likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thaumcraft, zombies, brains, spawning, MindCrack, Angry Zombies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users