Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any way to remove mods once a server has already started?

XyCraft Crystals Lag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

gadget3

gadget3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:gadget3
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hello, I started a FTB ultimate server for me and my friend to play on. I run it off of my computer, and we have played for a couple months. The framerate has always been low, 30 FPS compared to the 200+ that I get on vanilla minecraft. It has been dropping as we built things, to near 20-25 FPS, which is not very fun to play on. I had done some thinking, and I finally figured out that xycraft crystals were the source of the problem. They are all over the place, a complex shape, AND they have an animation. Is there a way to remove these crystals, or the entire mod, after we have started the server and built on the map?

(Also, am I even right about the crystals? Or are they not even the source of the problem at all?)

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

XyCraft has a notorious reputation for causing lag, both due to its crystals, its laggy blocks, and the Multi Tanks that it adds. I'd say that your guess is probably accurate, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the lag you're getting is simply due to sheer quantity of machines and the amount of things going on.

Removing XyCraft after the world has already generated shoudn't cause any major issues other than the sudden disappearance of any XyCraft ores and crystals around your world. If you do have a Multi Tank or are using any XyCraft structural blocks, I would suggest disassembling and incinerating any blocks that are added by XyCraft. It may also cause pockmarks to appear in the ground where the XyCraft ores and crystals used to be. If you don't mind any of this, then you should be able to go on ahead and remove XyCraft.

• gadget3 likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

gadget3

gadget3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:gadget3

Thank you for the help, I don't use ANY blocks Xycraft provides so I wouldn't be afraid to remove it. I just didn't know if deleting the mod after the terrain was generated would create far worse issues. I will go ahead and remove it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XyCraft, Crystals, Lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users